If your account cannot receive incoming calls while roaming abroad, try these troubleshooting tips:
- Check if the roaming service on your account is active by messaging us on our social media channels or calling our hotline.
- For Prepaid, check if your balance is sufficient to receive calls while roaming. To check prepaid voice roaming rates, click here.
- If you have low signal reception, try shifting locations, preferably somewhere more open and with less surrounding obstacles such as concrete walls.
- Connect to Smarts official network roaming partners. To view the list of roaming partners, click here for postpaid or click here for prepaid.
- Refresh handset by turning it OFF and then back ON.
- Go to your phones call settings and disable fixed dialing setting.
- Disable call barring setting.
- Check Caller ID setting and make sure it is set to Show/Enabled.
- If unable to receive calls from a specific mobile number only, check if your phone has a block list or block status feature. If the mobile number calling you is in that block list, remove them from the list or disable the feature.
- Transfer SIM to other working device to check if incoming calls will work.