If you can't receive text messages while you're roaming abroad, try the following troubleshooting tips:
- Check if the roaming service on your account is active by messaging us on our social media channels or calling our hotline.
- If you have low signal reception, try shifting locations, preferably somewhere more open and with less surrounding obstacles such as concrete walls.
- Connect to Smarts official network roaming partners. To view the list of roaming partners, click here for postpaid or click here for prepaid.
- Refresh your handset by turning it OFF and then back ON.
- Check if your phones inbox memory is full and delete some messages to free up space.
- Try to use another roaming partner by manually selecting it on the device.
- If unable to receive text messages from a specific mobile number only, check if your phone has a block list or block status feature. If the mobile number sending text messages to you is in that block list, remove them from the list or disable the feature.
- Transfer SIM to other working device to check if SMS will work.