If you cannot send text messages while roaming abroad, try these troubleshooting tips:
- For Prepaid, check if your balance is at least Php20.00. Click here for Prepaid roaming rates.
- For Postpaid, check if your account is already redirected. If you try making a call while your account is redirected, you will hear a voice message informing you of your account status.
- Connect to Smarts official network roaming partners. To view the list of roaming partners, click here for postpaid or click here for prepaid.
- If you have low signal reception, try shifting locations, preferably somewhere more open and with less surrounding obstacles such as concrete walls.
- Refresh handset by turning it OFF and then back ON.
- Go to Message Option or Message settings to check your message center number. It should be set to +639180000101.
- Try to use another roaming partner by manually selecting it on the device.
- If unable to send to a specific mobile number only, check if your phone has a block list or block status feature. If the mobile number you are trying to text is in that block list, remove them from the list.
- Check if you are using the correct dialing procedure for sending text messages: + [Country Code] [Mobile Code] [Mobile number] (Example: If sending a text message to a Smart number, +63 918 1234567)
- Transfer SIM to another working device to check if SMS will work.