If you cannot connect through your mobile data while you're roaming abraod, try the following troubleshooting tips:
- For prepaid, check if your load balance is at least Php5.00 (to allow for regular mobile data rate of P5 for 15 minutes if not registered to a mobile data subscription).
- For postpaid, check if your account is already redirected. If you try making a call while your account is redirected, you will hear a voice message informing you of your account status.
- Connect to Smarts official network roaming partners. To view the list of roaming partners, click here for postpaid or click here for prepaid.
- If you have low signal reception, try shifting locations, preferably somewhere more open and with less surrounding obstacles such as concrete walls.
- For faster connectivity, try shifting location if the signal you are acquiring is 2G
- If using LTE roaming in Japan, select roaming partner NTT-Docomo.
- If using LTE roaming in Korea, select Roaming Partner KTF.
- Clear your Internet browsers cache and browsing history.
- Go to Network Mode setting and lock it to 3G/WCDMA/HSPA/HSPA+ or LTE/4G, whichever is applicable.
- Refresh your handset by turning it OFF and then back ON.
- Check if Internet/MMS setting is properly set in the phone setting.
- For iOS phones with no LTE subscription or plan, change your APN setting by going to this direct download link using your phones browser: http://bit.ly/SMARTAPN
- Data roaming in Japan and Korea requires a 3G capable handset.
- Transfer SIM to other working device to check if SMS will work.
- For LTE data connectivity:
- For prepaid, LTE SIM is necessary. SIM replacement is needed if current prepaid SIM is not an LTE-capable SIM.
- For postpaid, SIM cards issued in 2010 and earlier are not LTE-ready yet and will require SIM replacement.