If you have recently switched to a new smartphone, it is highly possible that you are required to use a different sized SIM card. There are three types of SIM cards: regular, micro and NANO sim.
Replacing your SIM is the first step in setting up and activating your smartphones and other devices, such as tablets and pocket WiFis.
How much will it cost to replace my Smart Prepaid SIM?
- Replacement of your current Smart Prepaid SIM is easy and free of charge. Just visit any Smart Store for assistance.
What do I need to bring to replace my Smart Prepaid SIM?
Just bring one (1) valid ID for checking plus the SIM card for replacement. These requirements are also applicable in case you encounter a defective SIM card or if you wish to have an upgrade. In case of lost or stolen SIM cards, please bring the following:
- 1 Valid ID
- Duly Authorized Affidavit of Loss
- Proof of Ownership (Eg. SIM Beds, PUK Slips or Personalized Smart Money Card)
Will I get to keep my current Smart Prepaid number if I replace my SIM?
- Yes, you will still maintain your current Smart Prepaid number when you apply for SIM replacement.
I have contacts saved on the SIM. Will it be transferred as well upon replacement of SIM?
- We suggest that you save these contacts on your phone before requesting for SIM replacement to ensure that you get to keep all those numbers.