1. What are the benefits of Wi-Fi Calling or Voice over Wi-Fi (VoWiFi)?
Wi-Fi Calling lets you enjoy high quality calls indoors!
- No extra app needed. Simply turn on and make a call to others with Wi-Fi Calling enabled phones.
- High definition voice quality that lets you enjoy clear conversations.
2. Who can use Wi-Fi Calling?
Smart’s Wi-Fi Calling service is currently available to Smart Signature & Infinity Postpaid subscribers.
3. What do I need to enjoy the Wi-Fi Calling service?
Wi-Fi Calling can be used by subscribers who have the following:
1. LTE SIM
2. Wi-Fi Calling-capable handset. See item #4.
3. Latest software version
4. Any Wi-Fi connection with a speed of at least 100 kbps
4. Which devices support Wi-Fi Calling?
as of March 1, 2020
|Samsung A01||iPhone 7||Huawei Mate 10|
|Samsung A10||iPhone 7 Plus||Huawei Mate 20|
|Samsung A10s||iPhone 8||Huawei Mate 20 Pro|
|Samsung A30||iPhone 8 Plus||Huawei Mate P30 Lite|
|Samsung A30s||iPhone X||Huawei Mate P30|
|Samsung A50||iPhone XR||Huawei Mate P30 Pro|
|Samsung A50s||iPhone XS|
|Samsung A50s||iPhone XS|
|Samsung A70||iPhone XS Max|
|Samsung A71||iPhone 11|
|Samsung A80||iPhone 11 Pro|
|Samsung S8||iPhone 11 Pro Max|
|Samsung Note 8|
|Samsung Note 9|
|Samsung Note 10|
|Samsung Note 10+|
|Samsung Galaxy Fold|
|Samsung S20 Plus|
|Samsung S20 Ultra|
|Samsung Galaxy Z Flip|
We will regularly update the list whenever the service becomes available to other Wi-Fi Calling-capable phones.
5. Can I make a call to others who doesn’t have the Wi-Fi Calling feature?
Yes. You can make a call to others who doesn’t have Wi-Fi Calling. However, the quality of call will not be in HD.
6. What will be the quality of call when I’m using Wi-Fi Calling?
|Enabled Service on Caller’s Handset||Enabled Service on Calling Party||Quality of Call|
|VoWiFi||3G or 2G, including non-Smart mobile number||Regular Call Quality|
|VoWiFi||Landline||Regular Call Quality|
7. My SIM is inserted to a Wi-Fi Calling-capable handset. How do I activate and use the service?
1. Make sure that you have accepted the latest software/firmware update for your handset.
2. Go to Settings and Enable the Wi-Fi Calling on your phone.
3. Enable Wi-Fi and connect to an available Wi-Fi network.
4. Go to your phone’s native dialer or native messaging application.
5. Make a call or send a text message.
Here's the step-by step guide:
9. What is a native dialer and a native messaging app?
A native dialer is your device’s default phone app that you use when making a call.
A native messaging app is your device’s default app that you use when sending a text message.
10. Which numbers can I call using Wi-Fi Calling?
- Smart Postpaid/Prepaid number
- Sun Postpaid/Prepaid number
- TNT number
- Non-Smart mobile number
- PLDT landline number*
- Non-PLDT landline number*
- International number (IDD)*
IMPORTANT: Always include the area code when calling a landline or international number. Example: (02) 81234567
11. How much will I be charged using Wi-Fi Calling?
Wi-Fi Calling transactions will be charged against your active voice or SMS subscription.
Local and International voice and text rates will apply if you do not have an active subscription.
12. Will I be able to use Wi-Fi Calling if BOTH my Wi-Fi and mobile data are turned on?
Yes. For iOS handsets, calls and text messages will automatically go through the Wi-Fi network.
For Android handsets, just make sure that Wi-Fi preferred is selected in the Wi-Fi Calling Settings to make sure that all calls and text messages will go through the Wi-Fi network.
13. I already have a Wi-Fi Calling icon on my phone, but I still cannot call or send a text message using a Wi-Fi network.
Make sure that the Wi-Fi network that you are connected to has an excellent signal strength and an internet speed of at least 100 kbps.
14. Will I still be able to use Wi-Fi Calling even if my phone is not part of the handset list that it supports?
Currently, only handsets listed above is capable of Wi-Fi Calling. See item #2.
Don’t worry, we will update you once it becomes available to other handset models.
15. Will I be able to use the service while I’m on International Roaming?
No. Wi-Fi Calling currently works only when used within the Philippines.
16. My handset also shows VoLTE. What does this mean?
VoLTE or Voice over LTE is a service that allows you to make and receive voice calls via LTE using an LTE-capable phone. This service is not yet available to customers.
For questions about Wi-Fi Calling, You may send us a message with your concern and account details @SMARTCares on Twitter or @SmartCommunications on our Facebook page, or call our toll-free Hotline at 888 using your Smart mobile number.